Thursday, August 28, 2008

Cross Country Adventures

Well, we are finally back from our LONG trip to Boston and back. We were helping Cameron's sister and brother-in-law move out to Boston where he is starting Harvard Law school. We started out by flying from Salt Lake to Phoenix and then drove from Phoenix to Boston with a few stops along the way. We had lots of fun and took tons of pictures. I haven't counted exactly yet, but I think we ended up driving through something like 20 states on the trip. 

In the Salt Lake airport getting ready to fly to Phoenix 

In Phoenix on the morning of the first big day of driving
Cameron and his sister in Nauvoo
Nicole and I in Nauvoo
On a wagon-ride tour 
The trees are hallow so Tyler just decided to climb in!
We were able to do a session in the Nauvoo temple while we were there, it was really cool

Joseph and Hyrum
It was pretty much the routine to come back to the hotel each night after a long day of driving and turn on the Olympics for a little while before getting some much needed sleep
We were able to go to Carthage Jail and take a tour


I tried to take pictures of all the states signs along the way, but only a few of them turned out so here are a couple of the better ones.


We stopped in D.C along the way and got to see some good friends of Nicole and Tyler's. They bought us really good/fancy cupcakes that were delicious. 
While we were in D.C we got to go through the Holocaust Museum. It was really interesting to see all the things they had on display there. I think we were there for over three hours, but it was one of my favorite things that we did while we were there. 
The Washington Monument

The Capitol Building
Arlington National Cemetary

We watched the changing of the guards which was another one of my favorite things we did.

Driving STILL (and obviously getting a little bored)





Finally in Boston and unloading the truck (through the window, it was sweet)

Moving furniture
After we helped unpack a little at their apartment, Cameron and I took a bus to New York. It was a long bus ride but so worth it.  This is Cameron in front of the ESPN Zone. It was the first thing we did once we got there and I have to admit it was cool since the Olympics were on.

In the ESPN Zone
We went to a Mets game. These are our scalped tickets. 



On Wednesday Nicole and Tyler came to New York to hang out with us for a day. We went to the Serendipity restaurant where the movie was filmed. They had frozen hot chocolates which I wasn't too sure about at first, but they were way good. 
Central Park
Times Square
We saw The Little Mermaid on Broadway. It was amazing!
Statue of Liberty

We stopped at Ground Zero
The Seinfeld Restaurant 
When we went back to Boston we were able to go to a Patriots pre-season game. It was way cool and lots of fun even though they got crushed. 
We had so much fun on this one-in-a-lifetime trip and are so glad that we got the opportunity to do it. We saw so many things and so much of the country. It was amazing and we have lots of great memories, although we are glad to be back home after being gone for so long. 

8 comments:

ammunk said...

Talk about action packed!

Katie and Jason said...

Holy Cow, what a trip!! Looks like you guys had a blast! Awesome.

Krista said...

Wow, I am so jealous of your trip and all the sights you got to see, but not about the driving! I am glad you got to enjoy some time before you both have to start school again.

The Jimmy Harry Family said...

I love traveling and am so glad you guys had a blast. Jimmy was just in DC as well and loved it. I'm sure it is nice to be home and getting back into the routine of things.

Samantha and Dustin said...

What fun pics Hillary! Man, it looks like you guys had so much fun! I love the one of the Seinfeld restaurant! Glad you're back!

Linzi said...

All I can say is WOW!!! I'm glad you had so much fun. What a vacation. I went to DC a long time ago and can't wait to go back. Thanks for the pictures. Good to see you home!

Ann Marie said...

OH man that looks like so much fun!! I went to ESPN Zone when I went to times square, but we just went in to use the bano..they have a TV in every stall!! It was crazy!! I want to go back to NY again sometime! Glad you had awesome times!

Christy said...

Justin and I went to New York City for our honeymoon and we had an absolute blast!!!