Thursday, March 4, 2010

Pregnancy, Moving, and New Job



Well, it has been almost two months since my last update and lots has happened since then. I am now almost 5 months pregnant and have the big ultrasound next week. I am feeling a little better now, but these first four-ish months have been pretty miserable. I have been pretty sick all day long and can only keep certain things down. It is starting to get a little better now, but still not great. Meat has been the worst. I have never been a big meat-eater, but now I can't even look at chicken or anything. Things that I use to love sound good minus the meat in them. For example, I love mexican food so things like chicken enchiladas or tacos sound good, without the chicken or taco meat, which doesn't leave much of a meal for Cameron. I am hoping there will be some bigger improvement very soon.

Onto the next topic, we moved out to Cleveland almost three weeks ago. Cameron and I were supposed to both drive out in our car because we did Pods and all of our stuff was already in storage here. We just needed to get the rest of our stuff and our car here. Well, a few days before we were supposed to leave I still was not doing good and the worst part was that I got SUPER car sick in the car after like 5 minutes. So, Cameron's parents were nice enough to take pity on me and let me use a plane ticket that they needed to use somewhat soon anyway. We then asked Cameron's youngest brother Scott to give up his long weekend off school to drive across the country for almost 40 hours. He was a trooper and agreed and I am VERY appreciative. So, Cameron and Scott set off to make the long trek and I got to stay in Spokane for an extra few days before I flew out. The weather was horrible for the drive and all the roads were way icey. The boys nearly froze and it was so windy plus the bad roads that they said the car would just slide all over the road. Oh, the car didn't have snow tires because we got a new car and it was super nice in Spokane, so we just never got any.

Here are pictures of what the conditions were like.
(I think the three means day three of the trip, and they are both obviously cold)
The boys did get a chance to do some fun things along the way. They stopped at the College Football Hall of Fame.
Celebrating with the guys
Waiting to get in the game
They also stopped at Notre Dame. I'm pretty sure it was Cameron's dream stop.

The next fun stop was Mt. Rushmore
Boys will be boys. Once they got to Cleveland they opted out of staying another night in a hotel and decided to stay in our EMPTY house. They took the random things out of the car and made a fort to hang out in for the night. They rented a movie and watched it on the laptop(in their fort). They both said it was really uncomfortable, but fun.

Here are some pictures of our new home. It is a way cute three bedroom home in a nice neighborhood that I think we will really like.
Here is the kitchen right as you walk in from the side door.
The other side of the kitchen
The living room
Living room
The front room
Front room
Dining room off of the kitchen
Front room
Master bedroom
The basement, where we have our washer/dryer and treadmill.
Well, that's the update on our house and the pregnancy for now. Cameron started his job on Monday and seems to like the people so far. He has mostly been doing only orientation stuff so far, but will start on the floor on Friday, so we will see how it really is then. I am just hanging out at home and trying to keep myself somewhat busy to keep from going completely insane. I'm not going to get a job since nobody will want to hire me for four months. We also only have one car now, so I am trapped at home. If anyone has any great ideas on how to keep sane here at home, let me know.



12 comments:

Monica McCoy said...

What a cute little home. I hope you do start feeling better soon. Being sick is the worst!

Jolee said...

Super cute house! I'm jealous that you get to be at home... blog, scrapbook, learn to quilt, learn anything, meet the neighbors, start a book club, start any club, try all the work out videos on demand on comcast, make brownies everyday (because you've worked out so you deserve it!), tie blankets for humanitarian aid... Okay, that should keep you busy for the next four months! :)

Christy said...

So sorry to hear you have been really sick. I am due about the same time as you and I was sick until 17 weeks when my Doc put me on some medicine to help with it.

Linzi said...

FINALLY!! I've been waiting forever for pictures...too bad they were all of Cameron and none of you (although Rylee was quite happy to see Cameron) Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better :)

Stephanie and Todd said...

Wow, seems like just last week you found out you were pregnant!! I'm excited to hear what you are having! What do you think it is? I've learned mother's intuition is usually correct! I couldn't eat any meat either, especially chicken!! Love the house! So jealous! To pass the time you can paint and get the babie's room all set up! Keep us updated!!

Nicole Lloyd said...

Yay for the fort! :) So funny. I'm glad you're starting to feel a little better. You're guys' house looks awesome. We're so excited to come visit you!! :)

Samantha and Dustin said...

I love your house- I'm so jealous! Miss you tons! :(

Ariane said...

I was sick for the first 5 months too. Yuck! I'm glad you're feeling a little better though. You could always call old roommates that are at home during the day. Do you still have the same number?

Lori said...

So fun to see photos of your house. It's adorable!! New adventures can be lonely at times, but once the baby arrives, your days will go much more quickly. The nights might be kind of long though :-)

Krista said...

Oh the Lovinger boys, they will do anything for football won't they. Your house looks really cute. I'm jealous! I hope the transition goes smoothly for you and I hope you start feeling better. Those sick months are all worth it. Oh and we better get to see a belly shot with the next post!:)

Adrian said...

looks great!

Anna said...

Awesome! How exciting. You could start a little business. Get out your crafty self and start an etsy account. It's so exciting to see everyone heading out to rest of their lives. Enjoy Ohio!