Saturday, March 7, 2009

Winter Semester 2009

Yes, it has really been almost three months since our last post. I have been thinking of something to do to update, but we are in the midst of both of our craziest and busiest semesters before we graduate and therefore we have done nothing but the following since the 1st of January and it will continue this way until April 10th, which is the last day of the semester AND the day we get to hop on a plane to spend the weekend in sunny Las Vegas! I can't wait till that day...

Hillary's life:
I am trying to graduate early(the same semester as Cameron will) SO this semester I decided it would be a great idea to take 21 credits and do my internship at the place I already am working. I spend about 6 or so hours a day in this building:


When I am not in classes, I have a great job that I work at about 27 hours a week, including every Saturday since I moved to Rexburg...wahoo Anyway, here is my peaceful work setting:




Cameron's Life:
Cameron was offered a job as a lab assistant in the Nursing Department and accepted that at the beginning of this semester so he currently has TWO jobs on campus along with working super hard in the hardest semester of the nursing program here. Here is a sample of his first job which is in the school's Health Center where he is a phlebotomist in the lab. He thought it would be dumb to have someone take a picture of him working so this is just an example of what he does and is not actually him:


Here is a sample picture of his second job in the Nursing lab. I was excited to find this picture because this is pretty much exactly how the lab is with the dummies to practice on and everything


I couldn't find a good picture of the building that Cameron spends all of his time, but because it is also the building where the testing center is, he is there MANY hours a day.

On Saturdays Cameron has his clinicals for the nursing program where he works 12-hour shifts at the hospital. Here is Madison Memorial Hospital, where he goes in before the sun comes up and leaves after the sun has gone down. We joke about how he never even knows if it is raining or snowing or is a beautiful sunny day since he is inside the whole day.


You may have noticed that I discussed our lives separately and that is for good reason. After long days of work and school(including every Saturday), we don't get to see each other very often and when we do, this is what we see:





Needless to say we are a little tuckered out by the time we get home and we usually end up just watching an episode of Monk and going to bed.

7 comments:

sslindstrom06 said...

Holy Smokes! You guys will do great! We'll have to have another Wii party to celebrate all our graduating!!

AubsandKenny said...

VEGAS?! FUN! That will be worth it. I feel so lazy compared to you, Cameron, and Kenny. I actually have some down time. :)

Ariane said...

Wow. I can definately say I don't miss college. Well, at least not the classes. You better call me when you come to Vegas!!

Linzi said...

I miss you guys! I am also sooo jealous that you get to go to Vegas. How fun to spend so much time alone with your husband without any textbooks!

Krista said...

You guys are nuts...but its worth it now to get to graduation day sooner. Hang in there you are alomst done. And Vegas baby I'm jealous!

Drew and Brandi said...

The end is in sight! Yet, it has never seemed farther away! Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming! I didn't know that you were taking that many credits! Holy Awesomness! way to go

Jon and Michelle said...

Wow... I feel like taking a nap just after reading that. You guys are amazing and I hope you get through it all alive and with your brains still inside your heads. You better come visit us here in Spokane soon to take a break... after Vegas I guess. Good Luck with everything!