Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving and Birthday Festivities

This year we were able to spend Thanksgiving with Cameron's family(and a little with mine since they only live two minutes apart),but we stayed at Lovinger's house and did the main dinner stuff with them. We had so much fun getting to see the Russons, and Dunaways who came to Spokane for the holiday and of course we were way excited to see Sean for the first time since he had been home from his mission.

We played lots of games,including the traditional dodge ball game(video at end of post)


We ate at the church since there were so many people. They had it all set up beautifully with Thanksgiving balloons and everything.


It was decided that the turkey carving responsibility should be passed down to Cameron this year so I had to get a picture of this momentous occasion.



It is also a tradition to make these turkeys to go at each place setting and since neither Nicole or Stefani were there to make them this year, Cameron and I had big shoes to fill by doing them ourselves, but I think they turned out great!


I can't believe this is the only picture I got of Cameron and Sean, but it is a good one(well at least the story was good). Ok, so it's not that good of a story I guess you just had to be there, but they were putting up this new light for their dad in his office and pretty much everything that could go wrong did. I wasn't really a part of it since I was just watching and laughing and occasionally handing them things they needed, but it was quite funny and we laughed A LOT in the process. I am happy to report that the light did get put up successfully.


The Saturday after Thanksgiving was my 21st birthday and it was lots of fun to get to celebrate with family for the first time since I have been out of high school. I had left to do some homework at my parent's house and when I came back this is what I found on the kitchen table.

Cameron made me this awesome edible bouquet. For anyone that does not know, I LOVE LOVE fruit, so this was the perfect gift for me.


Cameron also got me part of this nativity set that I had been looking at down at school and his parents got me the rest of it. I was so excited because I really like this particular one and we don't have ANY Christmas decorations so it was like a two-in-one present. Sean and Scott also got me a bag of my favorite snacks which was way fun to bring back home with us. Also, my family got me some much wanted makeup and a cookbook that I had told my mom about a long time ago, two pairs of new jeans,a new disney movie and some notepads.To end the night both our families went out to my favorite restaurant and it was delicious. I definitely made out like a bandit. Thanks everyone, it was a great birthday!!!

And last, but not least....Thanksgiving day dodge ball!

8 comments:

AubsandKenny said...

Holy cow, you did make out like a bandit! Props to Cameron on the fruit flower thing. Wow! How creative! The traditional family dodge ball thing is hilarious. Did you play?

Mel said...

Happy Birthday! And Cameron is quite the talented fruit arranger.

Kim Skelton said...

That fruit bouquet was beautiful!! I've seen ones like that advertised on T.V. for a lot of money. How did he learn how to do that?? He has so many talents and now to also get his research papers published!! Wow. I love looking at your blog.
Love,
Mom (Kim)

Nicole Lloyd said...

That was a great post, I'm so sad we couldn't be there with you guys for Thanksgiving. Well done on the turkeys though, they do look awesome. Also props to cam on that fruit arrangement, it looks great. Hopefully it tasted as good. :)

Krista said...

Happy Birthday Hillary! It sounds like you guys had a great time with the fam!

ammunk said...

Oh man I want to have a holiday dodge ball tradition! How fun! Oh and fine job on the turkeys! Can't wait to see you this weekend!

Greg and Michelle said...

Way to go Cameron on the fruit bouquet! What a thoughtful husband! It sounds like you had a great birthday! Hope you are doing well!

Christy said...

That fruit bouquet looked so yummy. I love fruit too so that would have been a really good b-day present!