Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Grant says...

I have been meaning to do a post about all the crazy, funny things that Grant says for a LONG time now and have never gotten around to it. I'm trying to remember as many as I can since he says some unbelievable thing pretty much everyday. These aren't in any certain order, just however I remember them. Here goes...


We were trying to teach Grant not to say certain words, particularly "Oh my gosh," and he replied, "Can I say 'Oh my nuts?' Or how about 'Oh my crap?'" Guess we need some more teaching(and me in particular to stop saying things like that /: He does say "oh nuts!" pretty often now, and that always gets a laugh when other people hear it.

One week he was being a terror and during every nap time, he would move around everything in his room(including his dresser, bookshelves, bed, and the twin bed that WAS in his room(we've since taken things out so he can't be such a destructo). The first day he did this, I went in to yell at him and he hopped back into his bed, and said "YES SIR OFFICER!! I had to try really hard to not laugh until I was out of the room.

One day at the grocery store I accidentally bumped into someones cart with mine and before I could even say anything, Grant said "Sorry!" But he said it kind of rolling his eyes like "sorry my mom is a loser and ran into you!" The lady and I laughed pretty hard.

Grant spit on the ground (NO idea why) and when I very sternly told him to get a rag and clean it up right away, he jumped to his feet, saluted me and said "yes SIR!!"

This is what we saw for a good hour one night before Grant finally gave in, pushed his BED against the door, crawled in and fell asleep. Apparently being sick has the opposite affect on him, since he was especially hyper all day. Also, while he was laying with his fingers under the door, he continuously said "come back horsey!" Because Cameron had given him a horsey ride just before bed. This kid will be the death of me...



Conversation one night:
Hillary - "Can daddy come pray with us?"
Grant - "No, he's a monster"
Hillary - "What? Daddy isn't a monster?
Grant - "No momma, he really is a monster. He has to stay out there."


While we were home for Paige's wedding, Grant started saying "Hallo!!" to everyone. He would say it all the time, but especially in the mornings. It was pretty funny to see him wave and say it...it's better to hear it, but it's like "Haaallo!"

Also while we were home, Grandpa and Grandma Green got home from their mission to Africa. One day just after Father's Day, Grant found a Father's Day card, picked it up and acted like he was reading it and said "Look a letter from Grandpa Green. Grandpa green went to Africa where it was soooo hot and so he went to get a drink from the baboonses"(Baboons) 
Then he asked me Cameron "Dad was that a great book?" He said yes, and then Grant said "You're right! That was fantastic!" Then he grabbed all the cards and said "Daddy please I read all these bookses for my presentation?"

Grant's Misuse of Words:

"I can't Dad, I'm just too boring"
"I can't put my shoes on, they're too sloppy"
"I can't go to bed, it's too sharp"
"I can't eat my dinner, it's too deep"
"I don't want to watch that Mom, it's too spicy"
"I can't wear that shirt, it's too lucky"
(They aren't always in a negative way, but those were the most recent usages that I could think of.

I know there are tons I am missing, but I know there will be MANY more to add later on, so I will just do a new post in a few months.





























1 comment:

Adrian said...

How have I never seen these last two posts?! Grant to seriously hilarious! I wish we lived closer and could all hang out :)