Friday, December 28, 2012

Gramma and Grampa Visit!


It was SO awesome that my parents were able to come and spend 10 days with us, and especially great that they were able to make it for the birth! They were so helpful and really made sure everything was taken care of. They also got up with Grant every morning, so Cameron and I could focus on Cody for a bit before we got going for the day.









Since I felt so good, we decided to go do a few things while they were here. We had to go on days that Cameron was at clinicals though, because we don't have a car big enough to fit all of us! In fact, we were still SQUISHED even without Cameron. Grandpa was a good sport and squeezed between the two carseats in the back. 




Brothers

One of the days, we drove around while I gave a tour of the places we have live in Cleveland. Then we drove to Bay Village and went to the nature center. It is free and is like a mini zoo, with turtles, snakes, birds, foxes, deer, etc. Grant loved it and I was glad we could do something more for him. 

checking out the turtles

in a hallowed out tree trunk



Reading "The Night Before Christmas".  It was so fun to get to have everyone here around Christmas time. It just made it that much more special. 





My dad and Cameron put together the Christmas present that my parents fot for Grant one night while he was in bed. The next morning, we brough him down to show him. It is the coolest indoor trampoline. It's bigger than the normal indoor kind and has a net, which is SO needed with this crazy kid. He was so excited, he couldn't handle himself. You can tell in the pictures how he kept covering his mouth with his hands. He was giddy. 


Pure Joy!!!



The day before my parents left, they rented an SUV (so we could all fit comfortably), and we drove out to Kirtland. It ended up being a super nice and new Yukon with a DVD player, so that made Grant very happy and kept everyone content during the drive. 

Here is Grant at Kirtland. They had a little nativity dress up area for the kids. 



When we got to Kirltand, I was getting Cody out of the car with my dad and Cameron. My mom took Grant ahead to go inside. All of a sudden, I heard laughing and squealing. We had lucked out and come on a day that Ashley was there! Ashley and I have been best friends forever and although she has been serving a mission in Kirtland since last February, we had never run into her. My mom was SO excited and so was I. It was great to get to see her. I think I hadn't seen her in like 3 years. 

Bad picture of me, but here we are!





I was really bad at taking pictures while my parents were here. I blame it on newborn brain, but this is a pretty good summary of their time here. Grant was very sad to see them go, as were Cameron and I. We can't wait to see them again this summer. It can't come soon enough!


No comments: