Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Baby Makes Four...

 We have some exciting news in our family. We will soon be a family of four! It is kind of a funny story how I found finally realized I was pregnant(at about 7 weeks!)... I had been training for my second half marathon for a couple months and the big day was just one week away. My friend Shay and I had done our longest run (10miles) that we would do before the race, on the Wednesday before (April 25th). The run went really well, but as soon as I put Grant to bed that night, I just didn't feel right. I felt kinda nauseous and just weird. We had tried some new energy gels and drank more water than normal during the run, so I totally attributed the feeling out of sorts to that. I thought for sure after I had gotten a good nights sleep I would feel just fine in the morning. Well, the next morning I felt a little worse. Nothing too bad, but enough that I was just getting annoyed... Still had NO thoughts that I might be pregnant at this point. As I went through that day I didn't feel much worse, but really not much better. I just couldn't eat anything and felt pretty bleh. That night I had the thought a couple times that I hadn't taken a pregnancy test in a long time(we had been trying for a while, but I am so out of whack that I never know what is normal and what isn't), but I really didn't think that was it. I talked to one of my friends that night and when she asked if I was feeling any better, I told her that I wasn't really, so I was going to take a test first thing in the morning. The next morning(Sat.-one week away from the half marathon), I took the test. I was pretty surprised when it said "pregnant". I came out and showed Cameron. He said "are you serious?! Is this real?!" I was like "uh, I don't really know how to fake a positive pregnancy test!"haha, Anyway, we were both caught off guard, but definitely very excited. It was almost like my body had just been waiting for me to figure out I was pregnant and then about a half hour after I had the positive test it said "Welcome back to being pregnant! Remember your old friend morning sickness??!?" I was in the shower getting ready to go to a friend's baby shower when I started throwing up so much and so fast that I actually passed out/blacked out. It was crazy and when Cameron came in to see if I was ok, he said he was calling our friend who is a doctor immediately so I could start on some anti nausea meds. Our friend called it in and I picked it up in a couple hours. Those don't help much, but are better than nothing. I called my doctor on Monday and she said we should schedule an ultrasound since I had no idea how far along I was. I had the ultrasound early the next week and found out I was 8 weeks and due December 20th. We were a little unsure about a Christmas baby at first, but it will be fun and we really don't care when they come as long as they are healthy! We knew before I was even pregnant that we wanted to keep the sex a surprise until the birth and we have stuck to it this time, unlike with Grant. We are so excited and although Grant doesn't fully grasp the concept yet, he is really getting into giving the baby kisses. The other day, he even lifted up his own shirt and said "give Grant's baby kisses", so funny. So far I have been just as sick as with Grant, which is NOT fun, but hopefully it gets better before the baby is BORN this time (:


Here is an ultrasound picture from one that was done at about 11 weeks to double check the due date and just check the progress. 



No comments: