Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A Day In The Life...

I have wanted to do this post for a while, but kept forgetting to take pictures, so a couple of days ago I finally did it. It is a day in the life of Grant... I know, probably no one cares to see the boring day to day things we do, but I will be glad I have it in a few years im sure. No pictures were staged, this is real life (:


7:43am-Grant usually talks/cries for a few minutes till I go pick him up. Here he is ready for me to come get him.

7:45am-play time

so happy!

8:00am-diaper changed(obviously not too happy about it)

8:02am-hear dad coming through the door from work

8:03am-TRY to go to dad(Cameron has extremely sick and sometimes contagious patients, so he always showers and scrubs down really good before he can hold Grant)

8:05am- As soon as Cameron walks in the door Grant will not leave his side(including standing at the side of the shower waiting for him to get out).

8:15am-playing with a disease free dad!

8:25am- eating eggs and toast with mom and dad before dad goes to bed for the day. (Also, take note of the big boy booster seat he is in at the table, so nice).


8:40am-changed out of pj's and all loaded up for the walk to the YMCA.


8:50am-At the Y ready to play while mom works out

11am- down for a nap

1pm-up from nap

1:15pm-eating lunch with mom "mmm string cheese"

1:45pm-playtime with his new bouncy ball

1:55pm hide and seek in the tent

2:05pm- reading time


2:40pm-All strapped in and ready to run errands(we have found Grant's new FAVORITE thing... these sticky lint removers. Somehow we have like 4 that we never use and he found one and loves it. Now we have one that stays in the car and he just plays with it for however long the car ride is. He has never been so content in the car!)

2:55pm-Doing some grocery shopping with mom(we also went to Target and the jewelry store to get a ring cleaned)
4:15pm- snack time

4:25pm-helping mom pack a lunch for dad

4:35pm- running around out on the deck

"hi mom!"


5:20pm- wake dad up! Grant loves doing this everyday. He will crawl up to cameron and roll around on him until Cameron grabs him and tickles him and wrestles with him, all while Grant is laughing hysterically.

5:45pm- eating dinner(Cameron did Grant's hair in a little crazy half mohawk thing)

6:15pm- walk dad out to the car to say goodbye for the night

6:40pm- play with Jenna and Callie for a bit

7:00pm- In the tub!



7:15pm-check out his clean self in the mirror. This is my favorite part about bath time. When we get Grant out and in his towel, he always wants to stop on the way out and look in the mirror. He always smiles and laughs and makes faces at himself. So cute.

7:30pm-pj's on, clean diaper, and ready to read some books. This is Grant's absolute favorite book right now. He got it for his birthday and we have to read it every night. It is a zoo book(I think I talked about it in the last post a little) and there is this page with pigs and a spot with "mud" that is sticky. He will flip to that page as fast as he can and then never let us turn the page. He just sits with the pigs....

and most nights he lays down with them too

7:40pm-didn't get a picture of actually going to bed, but you get the idea.

I know the day seems kinda boring, but I love it. We have a good routine and get to spend lots of time just hanging out together(of course we like the days that Cameron has off even better).

7 comments:

Gina Shumway said...

I loved reading this. The pictures really help. It just makes me more and more excited for my sweet boy to come!

Adrian said...

such a cute idea. I loved seeing your day together.

The Robinsons said...

Hey Hill! That is so funny that Grant likes lint rollers...my kids do too! My kids also LOVE looking at themselves after bath time, as well. As for the half marathon, congratulations! That's super exciting. For our first half, we used a training program that went on running 3 days a week, and cross-training 3 days. Our long runs started backing off a few weeks before the race (so you're not running 12 miles one week, and 13 the next). This year we didn't really train for the half, and I could tell a HUGE difference! (The courses we ran were very different, though so that may have had a little to do with it...running on dirt trails vs. asphalt downhill the whole way.) Good luck! Also, are you guys going home for Christmas, by chance?????

Krista said...

Great idea for the memories, plus I love seeing all the pictures of Grant. Adorable!

AubsandKenny said...

Aww, thanks for the insight about your day. I love to see how people organize their days. Grant is sooo cute! Is it rough having Cameron work the late shift?

Katie Elaine said...

Hillary! I can't believe our kids are a year old and still haven't met! (actually I can believe it because you live on the other side of the world, but that doesn't mean I like it). I love this idea for a blog and it's possible that I will copy you.

Greg and Michelle said...

I thought this was way fun to read! We had a Y in NY where we lived last and I LOVED it! I love that Grant loves the lint roller! How funny is that! You are such a good mom to him!