Saturday, July 23, 2011

Little Bit of Everything


I thought I would do a quick little update with mostly just random pictures. I have had some requests from the grandparents for more updated pictures, so here they are!

We haven't really done anything too exciting lately since Cameron has picked up a bajillion overtime hours at work, plus he is studying to take his CCRN test that will significantly help him get into an anesthesia school. Grant and I just try to hide from the heat as much as possible, which has resulted in many unnecessary trips to Costco and Target(Grant seriously LOVES Costco-I think it's all the samples (: ) The past week has been especially hot with severe heat advisories almost everyday. The worst part was the first REALLY hot day the power went out for almost 12 hours!!! We were dying. Poor Grant was up all night just sweating like crazy and couldn't fall asleep and we slept just as bad. We have gone to the pool a couple times, but even that seems really too warm. We are mostly just hanging out and preparing for our next trip home for Sean's wedding and Scott's farewell. We are so excited to get to go home again and will be sad for the long break until Christmas.

Alright, so that is our uneventful life right now. Here are a few pictures since last time I posted.


Just a random and kinda blurry one from Cameron's phone. I was telling him how I don't take as many pictures of Grant on my phone anymore because he is constantly moving and I only get blurry ones or he isn't looking, so Cameron tried to see what kind of a picture he could get on his phone and this is the result... blurry.

In other news... Grant had his first official haircut yesterday! I have to admit that I shed a tear... or several. Here is the lock of hair for his baby book. Cameron cut it with the razor on the longest setting and it turned out perfect. Not too short, but it got rid of his but it got rid of his longer hair around his ears and the rat tail he was developing in the back. His hair looks dark in this picture, but it really is blonde.

Here are the best "after" pics I could get of his hair.


The flash made his face a little washed out, but he loves crawling under the table. Most of the time he gets to the middle where I can't really reach him and then gets upset that he can't stand up without hitting his head and wants out asap.

This was this past Tuesday when the power went out for most of the day and night. It was SO hot. Grant had a really hard time sleeping, so this picture was after we let him come out and be with us at about 10pm because really non of us were sleeping anyway. We just went out to our porch and hung out for a little while until we decided we just had to lay down and try to sleep.

Cameron has taught Grant to throw his hands in the air when he hears the word "TOUCHDOWN!!!" It is so funny and Grant thinks he is funny too. Here he is doing his touchdown arms while we were out to dinner the other night.

This is that same night. It was a fun little family date. We had a giftcard to Texas Roadhouse from Christmas(thanks Cole and Erin!). It was delicious and we all enjoyed getting out and doing something different. Grant and Cameron both devoured the rolls. (:

I just thought these were funny pictures. I had the vacuum out from when I had been vacuuming during Grant's nap and he couldn't take his eyes off it. He would move to a new place in the room, but had to keep an eye on it wherever he went. He used to cry when I vacuumed, but now I mostly do it after he is in bed. I think he was just afraid it was going to turn on and get hime or something.



5 comments:

Kristen G. said...

So cute! I JUST now at two years old cut Riley's hair for the first time! I need to make sure I have your phone # every time I call the one I have it says your unavailable. Can you email it to me? I want to catch up! Kgross333(at)gmail.(com)

Shay said...

I love the vacuum pictures, he is so cute. And the touchdown thing, Marin does "so big" but touhdown is cute!

Krista said...

That boy is seriously sooo adorable. Only a Lovinger would be able to do a touchdown sign before his 1st birthday! Glad its not that hot here! Can't wait to see you.

Mel said...

Grant is a cutie. We are hoping to see you guys since we will all be in Spokane for a weekend!

Linzi said...

I love the touchdown arms...definitely Cameron's boy :)