Saturday, May 22, 2010

A Week Off


Last weekend Cameron worked Friday,Saturday and Sunday nights and this weekend he is working the same shifts. It somewhat stinks that i'm hanging out alone the whole weekend, BUT it did mean that he had Monday-Friday OFF! I didn't have to work this week(or ever again, since they already found a full-time replacement for me at the dentist office and didn't bother to tell me until about an hour before I was supposed to be there Monday...nice, I know). So I am back to having no job and not a lot to keep me busy. At least it is sunny and warm out now so I can walk to the library or a few different stores that are close if I want. The other plus side of not working is that Cameron won't have to worry about taking the bus downtown if we work on the same days anymore. Anyway, since I didn't have work and Cameron had the whole week off we had a good time just hanging out together and doing a few fun things as well.


We (and when I say "we" I mean Cameron), spent one of the nice days working in the yard...Mowing the lawn, pulling weeds, and planting some more flowers. Here is Cameron hard at work.
Our pretty back yard
This is how I spent the day outside...watching Cameron work, trying to get some sun on my nasty white legs, and reading Tuesdays with Morrie for the third time.

The next day we took a walk down to the awesome Metro parks by our house. The Metro parks are like a big Central park and Centennial Trail in one. They are over fifty miles long and do a big loop around the city of Cleveland. They have hiking and biking trails, places to fish and camp and have picnics, and lost of just big open park space. We walked for a bit on some of the trails and then remembered a little cafe place that is part of one of the golf courses in the park. We decided to stop for lunch and check it out. The prices were really reasonable and the food was great.

This is my meal. I got the BLT with a berry smoothie, it was delicious.
Here is Cameron's. He got the Polynesian salad with a berry smoothie also.
Waiting for the food and laughing at the funny things some elderly gentlemen were saying as they waited for their Tee-time.

This is me, looking oh-so pregnant, on our walk back after lunch

Thursday we headed down to an Indians baseball game. We totally missed the boat on going to a Cav's game, which would have been fun, but we'll try to go next season.

Good seats right behind home plate

Progressive Field...next time we will go to a night game. I hear the fireworks are awesome.

Us after the game. It was a really warm and sunny day. Oh, and we are now official fans with our t-shirts to support the team.


And last but not least... I took this picture this morning. Cameron's work is just minutes from an AWESOME and huge market that has everything you could want. I especially love the delicious fruit assortment and it is cheaper than at a grocery store. Anyway, Cameron surprised me today and stopped by the market on his way home. He got a 1/4 of a watermelon, some grapes, strawberries, a chocolate covered pretzel and a chocolate covered strawberry. He blamed the chocolates on his work buddy. He said he forced him to try them and they were good so he brought me some. It was a great surprise, I am always glad to have fresh fruit on hand.

We had a great week and enjoyed just hanging out and spending more time together. Sometimes I feel a bit spoiled to have such large amounts of time off like that, but then we go back to the LONG 12-hour night shifts,(which are really like working somewhere around 20 hours since Cameron has to sleep at some point. So he works for the 12-hour shift and then comes home and has to sleep for a good 8 hours during the middle of the day. He usually works at least two nights in a row, so he gets home from one shift, goes straight to bed, gets up in time to shower and run out the door for the next shift) and I don't feel so bad.


I had to throw this in here too. The baby has been kicking like crazy lately, but I have never been able to document it. I just happened to have my phone by me the other day when I was obviously annoying him by having my hand resting on my stomach as I was watching a movie. The best kicks are right at the beginning so watch close!

9 comments:

Jolee said...

Oh my gosh, that is so weird! :) I've never seen a baby kick before... how fun!

Elliot and Traci said...

Looks like you guys are having fun! I love the video, baby kicks are so entertaining. :) Good luck with the last stretch of the pregnancy!

Christy said...

You look so cute! Feeling the baby move is so fun! I'm so excited for us to have our little boys. It feels like it is getting to be a lot closer!

Ariane said...

Hey can I call you since you are jobless? Has your number changed?

AubsandKenny said...

Wow, your yard is gorgeous! I am feeling guilty because mine is a danelion field :/. Thanks for posting that video, crazy about the baby kicking! So exciting!!!!

Nicole Lloyd said...

Fun video! I'm sorry about your job! Well have to chat on facebook more. :) I'm glad that restaurant turned out to be good. We'll have to go back next time we are there. :)

Krista said...

I loved feeling Evelyn kick...there is nothing like it in the world to feel your baby. Looks like you guys are having fun. I'm jealous of all the stuff you get to do together. Poor Kris...back in school.:(

Linzi said...

I'm sure Cameron loved every minute tending to his yard ;) Rylee told me we can't get plants this year because Cameron's not here. She's right, I'd just kill them and I can't expect my neighbor to care for them, well for obvious reasons (haha!) Loved the update and especially the video. Good work mama!

Samantha and Dustin said...

YAAAAAAAY!!!!! I love the video of him kicking! I'm so glad things are going well for you guys! We love and miss you! PS I posted some pics on my blog finally...they're not the greatest but it's something while I'm still waiting for fam to give me more pics. :)