Sunday, December 6, 2009

Favorite/Memorable places in Rexburg

As our time here in Rexburg and as BYU-Idaho students comes to an end, I wanted to share some of mine (since I was here for a year and a half before we got married) and Cameron's favorite and/or most memorable places.


Our very first apartment as a married couple. Where we created millions of memories during our first two years together.

Carriage House apartments. This is where I lived most of the time my first several semesters. Many crazy times were had and awesome friends were met here.


The temple. One of the prettiest temples ever and it was especially fun to watch as it was built and dedicated and then to be able to go often.


Destinations Inn in Idaho Falls. We discovered this wonderful getaway and have been a couple times now. It has really helped us out during stressful times with school and work.


BYU-Idaho campus. This is actually the picture we are sending out in our graduation announcements, but I think it is a good representation of campus. Being a communications major I have spent a lot of time in the spori building and Cameron pretty much lives in the Clark.

I had to throw this one in here too. It isn't necessarily a place, but our apartment is up on a hill above Rexburg and we get to see the best sunsets. We loved coming out and sitting on our porch on summer nights and watching the sunset.

Although we are happy to be graduating and moving on to new adventures, we will really miss Rexburg and BYU-Idaho. We have both grown so much as individuals and as a couple being in this environment. We have met amazing people who we will never forget. We have struggled with the stress of school while working to make enough money for school, finding time for homework and time to hang out, but we know that these struggles along with TONS of great times here have shaped us into better people.

8 comments:

Natalie said...

I LOVE BYU-I! Keith and I both miss it and can't wait to come back and visit. Congrats on graduation!!
PS: Lindsay was my lab partner in microbiology- such a sweet girl!

AubsandKenny said...

Awww, memories!! Can't believe you guys are leaving and we didn't hang out more! LAME! Cute pictures! I love the temple one, gorgeous!

Greg and Michelle said...

What a great post. Rexburg really is a great place. It is so unlike any other place in the world which makes it so special. UV will always have a little piece of my heart. Love that place. Good luck you two on your upcoming adventures!

Mel said...

I'm surprised Craigo's didn't make it in there. Oh well. Are you guys coming to UT? Congrats in being done with school. We are so glad we are done!

Samantha and Dustin said...

I can't handle this Hewey! I've made an executive decision that Linzi will agree with and help to enforce....you're not leaving. Yay! Now that that's settled, we have to do something soon!

Krista said...

I think it took leaving Rexburg for me to realize I actually did like living there...for a while;) Congrats to both of you on Graduating. It is such an exciting thing to walk away with that diploma knowing how hard you worked for it. Congrats!

Linzi said...

Yup....it's been decided and will be enforced. There's so much to do!!!

Laura said...

It's been almost a year since we left UV and Rexburg and your post uncovered those still raw feelings I have for the place. I love it there :) Good luck on your next adventure.