Thursday, May 21, 2009

Catching up...

OK, once again it has been a few months since I have been able to update our blog. So I will give a quick recap of what we have been up to since I posted last: We successfully finished another semester leaving us with only two more till graduation, We got to go to Las Vegas for a couple days to visit grandma Carole and have a fun little vacation at the same time, we then went home to Spokane for two days to visit our families and friends headed back here to Rexburg just in time to start a new semester.

So I will start out with our trip to Las Vegas between the semesters. Grandma Carole has a tendency to SPOIL us so much when we go down there so we were able to go to TWO different shows, several nice dinners,and much more! It was so much fun even though it was a relatively quick trip. We got to do so much and see so many things AND spend a lot of time with grandma Carole so overall it was a great trip. Here are some pictures:

This is Cameron showing his grandma how to use her Wii. He also helped her find the very best Blue Ray DVD player while we were there.



This is just a picture of the New York New York hotel. One of my favorites from the outside.


This is me outside of where we saw the Bodies Exhibit. Just trying to cool off a bit with a milkshake!


Here is Cameron acting all tough with this mummy statue.


Here we are just before going into the Bodies Exhibit. It was SO cool. We highly recommend going if it is ever somewhat near you. This was the second time I had been and the first for Cameron, but we both absolutely loved it and spent a good two hours there.


This is a good introduction to the next set of pictures. This was the night we went to the Stratosphere for dinner. For those of you who have never been there, the Stratosphere is this SUPER tall hotel that looks over all of Las Vegas. At the very top they have a restaurant called the "Top of the World", And anyone who knows me well will know that I LOVE city lights and looking over big cities at night so this just seemed like the PERFECT place to have dinner. This was how the butter was served (in the shape of the Stratosphere)


This is the amazing view of the city from our seats at the restaurant. The whole top rotates so you can't get very good picutres, but is was SO awesome.


I like this picture because it is us with our water, which is funny because the waiter kept asking me if I was old enough to drink and when I would say yes, he would offer me everything they had on the wine menu, it was funny and then the other reason I like this picture is because we are posing with our bill, which was an accident, but a great reminder of how this will be a once-in-a-lifetime event for us because it was WAY over our poor college student budget.... but SO worth every penny for the view.


This is what Cameron ordered. He wanted to be all fancy at the fancy restaurant, so he ordered quail! Yes that is right, the cute little birds in your backyard (: He thought it would come like a chicken breast or something, but instead he was handed this, which kinda caught us off guard, but it was really good.


This picture is really blurry, but again just another one to show how amazing cool the lights were. I was in heaven.



After dinner we went up to the very very top where it is outside and they have a few crazy scary rides. This is the view from outside.


Us at the top


We did so many fun things that it is hard to pick a favorite, but this was definitely up there on our list. Cameron's grandma bought us tickets to see the Cirque Du Soleil show Mystere. It was one of the most amazing things I have EVER seen.


We also were able to go to a Lance Burton Magic show. I was kinda expecting it to be somehwat cheezy, but it was really amazing. I was facinated the whole time. I don't have a picture from that because they were pretty strict about cameras in there, but if you are ever in Vegas you should totally check out that show.

The day we were leaving was the same day that Cameron's grandma golfs each week so we were able to go with her. It was a really nice golf course and was great weather. She bought us a bucket of balls and we hung out on the driving range for a while. It was my first time ever golfing, but it was fun.


We had such awesome trip! Every second was filled with fun things to do and see. We are so lucky to be able to do things like this ( we are especially grateful for grandma Carole who pays for us to do this (: Thanks Grandma!

3 comments:

AubsandKenny said...

FUN! I am glad you guys had such a great time. You both needed a vacation! Looks like Vegas was a blast!

Mel said...

I can't believe how much you guys crammed into that visit. I would love to go to some those shows and exhibits that you went to. I don't think I have ever been to one while in Vegas.

Krista said...

I am so jealous. I really want to go to the body exhibit...and a trip to vegas would be nice. When are you going to come to Idaho Falls and hang out?